It's summer! Can we all just pause and take a moment to appreciate what that means?! No more winter boots, no more bulky coats, no more scraping a thick layer of ice off your car in the morning. We know it won't last forever but boy oh boy does it feel good!
In honour of this beautiful season, we want to showcase some of the beautifully fresh veggies and herbs it brings with our Quinoa and Tomato Salad.
This is a hearty and healthy salad that the whole family is sure to enjoy!
4 cups of cherry tomatoes (halved)
1/2 cup of fresh basil (chopped)
1 cup of bocconcini pearls
3 cloves of garlic (chopped)
3 tbsp of ILIOS olive oil
1.5 tbsp of balsamic vinegar
1.5 cups of ILIOS quinoa
salt & pepper (to taste)
1) Start by cooking your quinoa. Use the 2:1 ratio (for 1.5 cups of quinoa, cook in 3 cups of water.)
Optional: cook in a vegetable broth for extra flavour
2) Once quinoa is cooked, put in fridge to cool
3) Chop up your tomatoes, basil and garlic and set aside.
4) Once quinoa is cool, add to large bowl along with bocconcini cheese, tomatoes, basil and garlic.
5) Add olive oil and balsamic vinegar
6) Sprinkle with salt and pepper
7) Mix it all up and enjoy!
Check out our video for step-by step instructions: