Who doesn't love and crave a good old-fashioned comfort meal sometimes. This mushroom gnocchi is the perfect dish for a cold, rainy night and is super quick to prepare. Your whole family will love you for it!
1 tbsp of ILIOS olive oil
1 pack of original, mini, mushroom or whole wheat ILIOS gnocchi
10-12 cremini mushrooms (sliced)
optional: we also used shitake mushrooms because, why not?!
2-3 cloves of garlic (minced)
2 cups of ILIOS spinach
1/3 cup of dry white wine
1 cup of heavy cream
1/2 cup parmesan cheese (grated)
salt & pepper to taste
1) Start by adding the olive oil to a skillet on medium-high heat. Add the garlic and mushrooms and cook for approx 5 minutes stirring occasionally.
2) Add the white wine and let it bubble for about a minute.
3) Add the cream and gnocchi. Wait until it starts to bubble again and then cover the skillet and reduce the heat to medium-low. Cook for about 3 minutes.
4) Add the spinach to the skillet, cover, and then continue cooking for 3 minutes.
5) Stir in the parmesan, salt and pepper. The gnocchi should be soft. If not, keep cooking for another few minutes.